Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hmm

I'm here again. Some strange place where I sit and maul over my thoughts, wondering if things are good or bad. See, here's a thing.
My life plan right now is to earn a sufficient amount of money to head out to California, so that I can attend Watts Atelier. It's a fantastic art workshop, and I'm sure the learning I would take on there would be more than amazing. So far my plans on getting there include becoming a supervisor at UPS, which I'm very close to accomplishing. That would get me a good part time income, very good actually. From there I know I can get just about any other job I'd want, simply for having it on my resume. However, I don't really have any intentions of having more than one job at a time. Only to evolve in my workplace, and perhaps to a greater single job elsewhere. Meanwhile, I'm trying to make money on the side, with any art I can "sell". Opening a shop on cafepress seems to be a very promising idea. Anything else would be great too. Murals, airbrushing, etc. I'm prety confident it'll go well, but I'm having a hard time starting. Why?
I don't really know, I guess I just lose focus all the time. I don't know why. Distractions, laziness, exhaustion from distractions.. those are the real barriers. Its not like I don't want to be more active, I just convince myself its challenging and confusing, and slowly concede. So I get angry about it. Which is dumb.
I'm not an angry person. I like to get things done, its a great feeling when you step back and look at finished work. Even if its a pile of clean laundry. But I feel like I always need to refresh. Clean up, take a shower, relax for a few hours so I can start again. And I can't figure out why.
So far a few things I think might help include a new release. I think I'd really like to learn how to play an instrument right now. Even something simple, like a harmonica would be great. A guitar or even a saxophone would be fantastic. But something. Something new.
I'd also like to get a hold of my mom's camera. It'd be nice to take some shots and see what I can do with them.
Looking around, I love my new studio and bedroom. Its a really comfortable environment.

Some good news;
The house and all of its renovations are coming along well. I ordered a limited edition of Steve Wilson's Insurgentes CD. I'm extremely excited for that. Should be getting it around late November in the mail. If you don't know who Steve Wilson is, I encourage you to look him up. He's one of my few heroes, and he's one brilliant musician. Look for Porcupine Tree, Blackfield, or No Man if you want a band name. (He has many projects.)
My way to becoming a supervisor is almost over. Its a timely process, and it doesn't help my bosses are generally lazy. I have to schedule for an interview, and if that goes well I've got the job!
I guess that's it for now. Hopefully I'll have some more artwork up some time soon.

No comments: