Monday, March 9, 2009

So..

I changed up the blog. I wanted some brighter colors that fit me a bit more. They're a little rustic and autumny I guess? Hope they're pleasing to your eye, 'cause I like'em.

I had a great weekend. My friends came from Pittsburgh to pick me up and take'em back with them. That's about 2 hours of driving just for lil' me. I really appreciated it, and I had a great time. While up there, I got a few things off my chest and decided to make some big changes. Things are going good right now as I organize my thoughts and plans. I even put dibs on my friend Charlie's guitar, so some time this week I'll be buying his guitar, amp, and etc. for just over $100. That's a great deal to me! So I can't wait.

On a side note, movies!:
Starting from December with Spirit, the comic book to film adaptation. Spirit was freaking amazing. It got tons of bad reviews because, what I think, is that a lot of the people reviewing it simply couldn't relate to its humor, or ingenuity. It has a very modern scheme directed toward youth and young adults. I mean, seriously. There's a random scene with a dinosaur head, and you hear a giant dinosaur roar, and then it pans off the dinosaur for you to realize it was simply a little kid's toy in the sand. Does it have any meaning in the movie? No. Is it absolutely hilarious? Yes. Not to mention all the other ridiculous mockeries in the movies, like Nazis. Just absurd.

Aboot a month ago I saw Coraline in 3D, which was more than fantastic. The story was really, really strong. You couldn't help but fall in love with every aspect and angle in every scene. The animation was brilliant. I highly suggest this movie.

And just over the weekend I saw The Watchmen in Imax. A great experience, but I definitely suggest going in to the theatre prepared for an R rated movie, as it is such. There will be tons of story building, and then bam, some dude's bones are popping through his arms and he gets chucked at a brick wall. Or, bam, nudity. Nudity nudity nudity. (It was everywhere.) Did any of this make the movie bad, or questionable? Maybe if you're a very self-concious person? But really, the movie was just as bold as the graphic novel. (Which it stuck to almost flawlessly, up to the details in the backgrounds of panels.)

So, l I know I say "stay tuned because you'll see new stuff being posted all the time from now on!" all the time. But I'm serious this time. Give it a week and you'll have another post. Promise.

No comments: