Monday, September 29, 2008

Another Go

Hey! Sorry about the extensive silence. I don't have any good excuses. (And a good excuse is really more of a reason. Which I have none.) Just been jumping around and doodling here and then when I have the chance. I've been spending a lot of time with my friends, and at work of course.
I've been up to Pittsburgh a few times these past few months to visit some friends of mine. It's always a good time up at Pitt. My habitual visits to the hookah bar started a terrible craving. So I curved it by purchasing my own! (Jointly owned by Kevin of course.) It's a beauty.

Started airbrushing some shirts, and man that's fun. If I ever start taking pictures of artwork that isn't made on the computer, you'll be sure to see it. I haven't posted any photos of art since the end of my fall semester at Cal, and that's a bummer.

And I just gagged from all the pulp at the bottom of that glass of OJ. Eehhh....

This morning I decided to start really working on my digital competence. So I flipped through a hair style magazine I sheepishly purchased over the weekend and picked a chick. The whole picture took about 4 hours. I impressed myself with this one. I had no idea that through all the quick sketches and basic painting attempts on the art pad I would've picked up enough ability to recreate a portrait this well. Not to say I don't need more practice at it. That would certainly be a lie. It was a fun painting though, from start to finish. I'll have to do more.



I'd say not bad for a rookie.

I have a lot on my mind, and would love to ramble. But currently I don't know where to start. So I will end instead. Hopefully you'll be seeing many more updates, and I'll have accomplished something worth talking about in the future. Have a good time until then!

No comments: